poppi-Inspired Memorial Day Recipes
Summer is almost here and that means it’s time for simple and quick eats so you can spend more time poolside, sipping on a cold poppi. We have 3 different recipes that use poppi so all your meals can include a prebiotic punch. Give them a try for an easy summer meal, treat, or drink.
Poppi-marinated Sirloin Steak:
· 1 cup of poppi classic cola
· ½ cup coconut aminos
· 2 TBS Dijon mustard
· 1 TBS horseradish (optional)
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tsp. ground black pepper
· 2 pounds of sirloin steak (can be cut to make kebobs too)
1. Whisk together classic cola, coconut aminos, Dijon mustard, horseradish, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl and pour into resalable bag. Add steak, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
2. Preheat grill to 400°F
3. Remove steak and discard remaining marinade
4. Cook steak on the grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side. The thermometer should read 140°F
5. Serve the steak, or kabobs, with your favorite sides. Keep it simple with a cold watermelon and a side salad.
2 ingredients Confetti Cupcakes:
These cupcakes couldn’t be easier and the result is delicious. They have a texture similar to angel food cake - light with a slight chew. Bonus, you can get all the ingredient you need on your next #targetrun.
· 1 box of Annie’s Confetti Cake mix or a yellow/white/strawberry cake mix of your choice
· 1 can of your favorite poppi (we love using raspberry rose, strawberry lemon, or pineapple mango)
· Fresh fruit for garnish
· Favorite frosting or can of non-dairy whipped cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, beat dry cake mix and 1 can of poppi with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. Divide batter. We got 24 cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes from one box. We used reusable silicon cupcake molds.
3. Bake 15-18 minutes for regular cupcakes and 12-14 for minis. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and remove to cooling wrack to cool completely.
4. Top with your favorite frosting recipe or with your favorite whipped cream to keep them light. fresh, and easy.
5. Garnish with some fresh fruit
Poppi Raspberry Prebiotic Mocktail:
A drink that’s good for your gut and refreshing on a hot summer day. Recipe created by @theglutenlessmaximus.
· 10 raspberries
· 1/8 cup of lime juice
· 1 poppi Strawberry Lemon
1. Mash raspberries in the bottom of a mason jar
2. Add lime juice and shake
3. Add ice to a tall glass, pour in the raspberries and lime juice, and top off with some poppi Strawberry Lemon. Enjoy your prebiotic mocktail!